If You’re New, Start Here….
Hello and welcome to the First Presbyterian Church of Cranford! We’re glad you decided to stop by our website to learn more about our ministry here. Whether you’re new to church, coming back, or a regular church-goer, you are welcome here! Watch this brief video and see why.
welcometochurch-wmv-nondatedlogo_720 (this is a .wmv file)
Here’s what to expect during Worship:
- Sunday morning worship services start at 10 a.m. in the Sanctuary. (During the summer at 8:30 a.m. and 10:00 a.m. in the climate-controlled Dorothy Snyder Chapel)
- INSPIRE! A Contemporary Worship Experience is currently the second Sunday of each month. This worship service is casual, led by a worship leader and praise band. Contemporary music is integral to the experience and the scripture and sermon are projected on the big screens.
- The Pastor will welcome guests and make announcements.
- The congregation participates in responsive passages, Hymns, and Prayers (both silent and aloud).
- Children are front and center in every service, with a special children’s message, after which they are guided to their age-appropriate Sunday School classes, while parents remain in the Sanctuary for the Sermon.
- Communion is celebrated on the first Sunday of each Month.
- Music is central to the worship experience – children, youth, adult and bell choirs, as well as guest musicians, share their gifts and talents.
- The Pastor delivers a biblically based but contemporary sermon that connects with heart of each individual.
- Join us at our popular coffee fellowship time immediately following worship, or in between services during the summer months. Cake and coffee are served in the Thomson Youth Center on the lower level across from the Nursey and Toddler room.
What should I wear?
First Pres Cranford is not a particularly formal congregation. Casually appropriate dress is the norm.
If you have children…
At First Pres Cranford children of all ages are welcome and encouraged to participate in worship. Children begin their Sunday morning experience by worshiping in the sanctuary with their families and their church family. Each week, they share in the opening songs and prayers, and—following the Children’s Sermon—move to their Church School classes.
Children of any age are welcome for the entire service, at parents’ discretion. If preferred, on Sunday mornings nursery care is always available for infants and toddlers. The Nursery and Toddler Room are located on the bottom floor across from the Thomson Youth Center, just a few feet from Coffee/Fellowship Time. Ask an usher for directions.
Children and the Lord’s Supper (Communion)
In the Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.), all baptized Christians of any age are welcome at the Lord’s Table, In other words, a specified age or “level” of faith or understanding, is not required to be in Christ’s Presence.
First Pres Cranford provides children of all ages instruction in the meaning of the Sacrament of Communion. With their parents’ permission, baptized children who are being nurtured and instructed in the significance of the Lord’s Supper at their level of understanding are invited to receive and share Communion.
Nursery and Toddler Care
Child care is available every Sunday morning for infants and toddlers in the Nursery and Toddler room, located on the lower level across from the Thomson Youth Center. A crib and changing room is available. Head out the sanctuary’s right-side exit doors and up the stairs. You will find it on your right.