CONGREGATIONAL CLEAN UP AND CHRISTMAS DECORATING, SATURDAY, DECEMBER 7.
Mark your calendars! Not only will the Trustees have a 30 Yard dumpster available to help clean our beautiful church buildings, but the Worship & Music Team needs people to help decorate. Here are some of the items on the Decorating “Honey-do” List:
- Everything up from the basement
- Tree decorating
- Wreath hanging on doors – in & out
- Check batteries on personal candles for Christmas Eve services
- Change banners
- Change paraments – Advent (purple) with white underneath
- Put up shelves in chancel for poinsettias
- Display creche on communion table
- Bring up candle staves through hole in the floor in the rear of the sanctuary
- Bolt staves to pews
- Put candles & wreaths on staves
- Hang roping in chancel
- Hang star in chancel
CHRISTMAS PARTY POT LUCK SUPPER WITH THE CRANFORD HIGH SCHOOL MADRIGALS!
The most well-attended fellowship event of the year is here! Bring your favorite appetizer, main dish or dessert to share and experience how the Christmas Spirit moves @ First Pres Cranford!
A special appearance by the Cranford High School Madrigal Choir at 6:00 pm!
Christmas Carols by Candlelight at First Presbyterian Church of Cranford, NJ
Pastor J. Christian Kile will lead a traditional Christmas Eve service with plenty of familiar Christmas carols, perfect for families and all those who wish to celebrate with full choirs and organ music. Music will be led by the Chancel Choir, directed by Elsa Hahn, and accompanied by organist Robert Grube. Soloist Lynn Pinto will perform O Holy Night. During the final hymn, “Silent Night, Holy Night”, the lights will be dimmed and candlelight will fill the Sanctuary.