UPDATE ON YOUTH PROGRAMMING DURING COVID-19
In normal times, the below describes our Youth Programming. During COVID-19, the Youth Fellowship, under the direction of Daniel Velez, Director of Children, Youth and Families has been meeting by Zoom on Sunday evenings at 7:00 pm. Contact Daniel@firstprescranford.org for more information!
Our Youth Ministry Welcomes You!
Here at First Pres we strive to maintain a welcoming and exciting environment for young people. All 6th through 8th graders are invited and welcome to join our Middle School Youth Group and 9th through 12th graders our High School Youth Group. All youth events are coordinated and supervised by our Youth Leader with assistance from other responsible adults.
- Weekly Youth Fellowship for Middle School
- Weekly Youth Fellowship for High School
- 30 Hour Famine
- Service opportunities: Cranford-Elmora Soup Kitchen, Souper Bowl of Caring
- Fall and Winter Retreats
- Summer Mission Trip
Our youth ministry has three main priorities:
- Provide safe, enjoyable and regularly occurring fellowship opportunities for youth
- Provide age centric Bible study, worship faith building and discipleship opportunities
- Ignite a passion to witness and serve within each youth and provide opportunities to do so as a group
Youth Fellowship ( this programming will resume when it’s safe to meet in person)
Our Middle School and High School Youth Group meet for youth fellowship weekly on Sunday nights. Youth in both groups can expect a very relaxed, laid back and loosely structured environment with snacks, activities, games and topic discussions centered on their interest and personality. The first 20-30 minutes is free time, then we “check-in” with one another (everyone shares their thoughts about the past week), play games or watch a movie and have a topic discussion at the end. And there’s always food!