UPDATE ON SUMMER MISSION TRIP DURING COVID-19
Youth Fellowship is going to be completing the Mission Activities provided by MyCalling from July 19-22, 2020. If you want to join in the fun please contact firstname.lastname@example.org ASAP and RSVP!
Below describes the typical programming for the “My Calling Mission Trip” based on last year’s experience:
The Youth Fellowship of First Presbyterian Church of Cranford NJ sent 24 kids and 8 adult volunteers to Yardley PA to take part in the “My Calling!” summer mission trip experience, July 14-18, 2019. Organized by the youth of the Yardley United Methodist Church, My Calling! rotates participants through a number of community service sites in the Philadelphia/Trenton area over a three day period. Participants sleep, shower, and eat breakfast and dinner in the church as well as engage in energizing worship and small group discussions to mentally and emotionally process their daily experience.
This year, FPCC kids served at a number of sites including:
- White Pines Horse Rescue Farm where they mucked and painted horse stalls.
- Snipes Organic Farm where they weeded vegetable patches and picked fresh produce, 30% of which would go directly to community food banks.
- Anchor House in Trenton for At Risk Youth where they made a number of physical improvements to the building.
- Furniture Bank of Philadelphia where they built and delivered furniture to clients who had formerly been homeless but now had secure housing.
- The Homefront Kids Camp for homeless and low-income children where they led camp activities.
- The Statesman Nursing Home where they visited the residents.
- PennDel Food pantry where they built benches used by patrons.
- Holmesburg United Methodist Church where they updated the basement to better accommodate community gatherings.
- Makers Place in Trenton where they wrapped diapers for distribution to mothers in need.